Todd Walters, shareholder in the firm’s Intellectual Property section, will moderate a panel titled “PTAB Strategy Post SAS” at the 3rd Annual IP Defense Summit: Seattle on October 23.
The PTAB has acted swiftly, adjusting to SCOTUS’ SAS Institute Inc. V. IANCU decision – instituting a spate of short term efforts to comply with the decision. A finalized set of processes however, still remains unclear. While IPR costs and time to trial is expected to increase – counsel are also facing a strategic rethink to the process. Will IPR dominance remain? Will the recent sovereign immunity ruling bring even greater complexity to the process? What should you focus on? How will the business be impacted?
This panel will explore:
- State of the current IPR landscape:
- PTAB Today – What do we know? What should you plan for?
- How should you prepare?
- Choosing IPRs – Have considerations changed?
- How to change or evolve your strategy?
- Has the business case changed for IPRs?
- Cost, Resource Allocation – Impact on the business
- Best practices in front of the USPTO